Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
There's nothing that can compare to a bowl of warm and hearty soup during the winter months. Chicken noodle soup is definitely one of my favorites, so of course I created a recipe for you guys. Let's get to it!
Equipment you'll need:
A large pot
A medium sized skillet
A rubber spatula
1 large bowl
Ingredients you'll need:
1 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
4 cups of small egg noodles
8 sprigs of thyme
1 quart of low sodium chicken broth
1 quart of low sodium vegetable broth
8 oz of water
6 oz of diced carrots
2 celery stalks
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 medium yellow onion diced
2 oz of vegetable oil
2 tbsp of oregano
1 tbsp of granulated garlic
A dash of crushed red peppers
2 tbsp of kosher salt
1 tbsp of ground cumin
1 tsp of smoked paprika
4 oz of white distilled vinegar
1 packet of Reckless Flavor's All purpose seasoning
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel!!!
1. Dice your carrots, celery, and onion into medium sized pieces and sit them aside.
2. Place your chicken in a bowl with enough tap water to cover it and add your vinegar. Clean your chicken thighs. (You can also use lime juice)
3. Pour half of your vegetable oil in a pot and put on medium heat.
4. Add your carrots, celery, and onion (Mirepoix) to the pot and saute until it begins to soften.
5. Add in your minced garlic and thyme. Stir to prevent burning.
6. Pour in your vegetable broth, chicken broth, and water.
7. Next, add in your oregano, garlic, salt, cumin, crushed red peppers, paprika and noodles. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until noodles have softened.
8. While your soup is simmering, season your chicken with your all purpose seasoning.
9. Heat your oil in your skillet and sear your chicken until it is fully cooked.
10. Dice your chicken into medium sized pieces and add them to your soup
11. Let your soup simmer for 10 minutes and serve.