Cajun Shrimp Roll
Ahhhhhh, quarantine. For the past few months, the entire country has been stuck inside of their homes hoping to stop the spread of Coro....well, you know. With the increasing number of people who are home all day, most people have resorted to cooking their own food for a change. Most of you may be tired trying to think of a new dish to create everyday. Well guess what? I’ve got you covered.
I’ve gotten tons of calls from people saying “I’m tired of chicken, what else can I eat?”. Lucky for them, I love sharing my recipes....some of them. If you know me, you know that I am a seafood type of girl. Catfish, oysters, clams, mussels, etc. I don’t care what it is, i‘m down! So of course you know i’m gonna keep a few seafood recipes on hand.
This shrimp roll is so light, buttery, and tasty that you’ll want to make it for your family all of the time. I hope you guys enjoy!
Equipment you will need:
A 1/2 baking sheet pan
A medium bowl for mixing
A large bowl for seasoning shrimp
Knife Pastry brush small skillet
1 pound of raw shrimp (peeled and deveined) 1/2 red onion (Diced)
1 jalapeño (Diced)
1/2 cup of mayo
1 oz Louisiana hot sauce
The juice of half a lemon
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of granulated garlic
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tbsp of cumin
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp of melted butter
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 green onion stalks (sliced on a bias)
6 mini brioche rolls
1. Season your shrimp in your bowl with the blackened seasoning and vegetable oil.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. In another bowl, mix together your mayo, lemon juice, hot sauce, spices, onions, jalapeño, and half of your green onion. 4. Lay your seasoned shrimp on your sheet pan and bake them for 5 minutes on each side or until pink and fluffy. 5. Let your shrimp cool to room temperature. 6. While shrimp is cooling, slice your rolls down the side, being careful not to cut all of the way through.
7. Butter the inside of your rolls and toast them in your skillet until golden brown.
8. Cut your shrimp into medium pieces and toss them with your sauce.
9. Fill your buns with your shrimp mixture & garnish with your remaining green onions.
Be sure to tag your plates with #EffortlessEats when you try our recipe!